This special two hour workshop will showcase the Russian martial art of Sambo, differentiating between Sport Sambo, which focuses on grappling (throwing, ground work, submissions) and Combat Sambo, used by the military and resembles modern mixed martial arts and includes both grappling and striking.
This workshop will be taught by Coach Vadim Slavin, whose experience includes:
• Training since 1969, including Sambo in USSR nearly 50 years ago
• Master of Sport USSR, Black Belt in Krav Maga
• 3rd Dan Black Belt in Judo
• 18 years at competitive sport, 205 fights in Sambo and Judo
• Coached many years in USSR, Israel and Canada
• National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Level 2 in Judo
• Military service in USSR and Israel
• President of Krav Maga Force
Whether you’re an experienced martial artist, seasoned grappler, or an absolute beginner, Coach Vadim’s insights and experience offers something for all levels in a safe and fun learning environment!
Space is limited, so register today.
Date: Sunday, April 14, 2019, 2 – 4 pm
Location: Ancient Fire Dojo (https://ancientfire.ca/), Olympic Village, Vancouver, BC
Cost: Only $25 pre-registered before April 12 ($40 at the door, if space)
For more info, contact Brent Matsuda at brent.matsuda(at)gmail.com or 604-788-2224.
What to bring: Gi, if you have one (or loose-fitting clothing), an open mind and willingness to learn and have fun. This is very different from Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Pre-register: Visit the Ancient Fire Dojo website.